25 September, 2014

Love child

You probably read or heard about Emma Watson's striking speech about feminism as UN Women Goodwill Ambassador. I think it's important to say and comment something about it as I believe in equality and self respect.  If you follow my Instagram (@agneskrown) you may wonder why I post pictures of body hair, no makeup, unusual fashion combinations like sandals and socks etc. It's about empowering you all to feel comfortable in your skin, but still accepting others.

I believe many of you are afraid and provoked by a word feminism. But do you even know what it means? Did you ever ask yourself why is it so?
Coco Chanel, Madonna, Yoko Ono, Diane Von Furstenberg, Oprah Winfrey, Angelina Jolie, Anja Rubik, Emma Watson - what do these women have in common with Douglas Booth, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Colfer, Russel Crowe, Neil Gaiman, Simon Pegg?  They believe in equality, respect, freedom.

To help you understand it, here are two quotes:

“Feminism is not a dirty word. It does not mean you hate men, it does not mean you hate girls that have nice legs and a tan, and it does not mean you are a ‘bitch’ or ‘dyke’, it means you believe in equality.” Kate Nash

"I decided I was a feminist and this seemed uncomplicated to me. But my recent research has shown me that feminism has become an unpopular word. Apparently I am among the ranks of women whose expressions are seen as too strong, too aggressive, isolating, anti-men and, unattractive. Why is the word such an uncomfortable one? I am from Britain and think it is right that as a woman I am paid the same as my male counterparts. I think it is right that I should be able to make decisions about my own body. I think it is right that women be involved on my behalf in the policies and decision-making of my country. I think it is right that socially I am afforded the same respect as men. If men don’t have to be aggressive in order to be accepted women won’t feel compelled to be submissive. If men don’t have to control, women won’t have to be controlled. Both men and women should feel free to be sensitive. Both men and women should feel free to be strong… It is time that we all perceive gender on a spectrum not as two opposing sets of ideals. If we stop defining each other by what we are not and start defining ourselves by what we are. It’s about freedom." Emma Watson

And what do I think? It's very needed to be educated about it. You all want happiness, right? But how can this world succeed if half of the population is insecure, neglected, ashamed of themselves or even hated for who they are? Men NEED happy women and women NEED supportive and happy men. I believe in symbiosis! Fight for what you believe in.







Dress: Front Row Shop
Boots: Dr. Martens
smile is by original Agnes :D

Photo: Robert Ribič

I was sent this little black dress from Front Row Shop. I chose it because it's such an amazing and versatile piece. Not to mention it's in my fave color black, faux leather and super comfy, but it's detachable! Yes, you can simply split if off and wear the top piece only. It makes it super cool and appropriate for all occasions and seasons.

Get it HERE now!

Thank you so much Front Row Shop. <3

I hope you learn something new and that you found this subject interesting and useful.
Thank you for reading!

Love, Agnes

No comments:

Post a Comment