20 September, 2014

LFW Report

London. S/S 2015 ready-to-wear. Crazy fashion week rush continues!

I'd say I was a bit disappointed to be honest. Lots of 60s and 70s inspired collections, quite boring and casual colors, clean monochrome pieces and that no makeup look who isn't as much exciting as 'diva' ones. After such an amazing NYFW I expected even more from London, my favorite city in the world. But still, some houses and designers surprised me so much I was completely blown away! Check them out:

Erdem Moralioglu
The collection is quite leafy and dark. Goes with the designer's concept of his ideal client who doesn't care much about seasons. We can see some memorable pieces.






Christoper Kane 
Skirts, leather, see through tops, suits. This season his color palette varies from white, black, grey, bordeaux and light purples. I really like how effortless the looks seem, neutral makeup emphasizes it even more. No jewellery, I like that.






Mother of Pearl
Artworks, absolutely. Soft colors are taken to another level. The collection is rather sporty, but very chic. Big coats and big pants still make a woman look feminine because of the prints and interesting shiny material selections.




Tom Ford
Rock n roll baby!!! From grunge all the way back. In spring and summer of 2015 Ford goes for black, metallic blue, silver and gold. Always paired with something shiny! The collection is detailed and screaming for attention while saying "fear this dark rocker girl". I'm very pleased that wide-leg pants are back.






Ashley Williams
She says about her collection: “Culture clash between the east and west in the late 60s early 70s. How polar cultures interpret and translate each other.” I like its cool and young vibe.





Mary Katrantzou
Strong signature style of industrial jewellery made my jaw drop. I'll let the photos speak for themselves.





Marios Schwab
Eyes stop. Transparent tight tops and big loose skirts make a fantastic feminine silhouette. Again in neutral tones, this time with some teal and orange detailing.





Fyodor Golan
A very cool, modern, futuristic, colorful collection. I think it would be perfect even for Miley Cyrus. Such joy to look at.





Marjan Pejoski
Best for last, right? Now, it would be appropriate to use hashtags like #omg #canteven. Black and white only, contrasts and shapes are the key. Very edgy, nothing like others. Empowering a woman to conquer the world. I'd be very happy even with his earrings only. Isn't it AMAZING?






Photos: LFW Official site

To be honest, I'd expect some more 'signature' collections. Most were rather basic and wearable. Makeup was all about natural beauty except some bold and dark ones including Tom Ford and Ashley Williams. Soft eyebrows are back in the game, this may be exciting. But ladies, don't forget to contour!

I hope you like my fashion week report from London. I'll be very happy to read what you think about it in comments below.

Xx, Agnes

No comments:

Post a Comment