28 February, 2015

J'aime

When I was busy with IELTS (which I passed, yay to me:)) and studying, New York Fashion week and London Fashion week took place. As a fashion lover I had to re-watch them online. I decided not to make a special post about it but just to mention some highlights. I usually like NYFW the most but this season LFW won my heart.

Beginning with NYFW, I must admit DKNY took my breath away since I'm not such a fan of it. Gorgeous colourful oversized jackets, gelled down baby hair, sporty attitude. Loves it! I also loved Concept Korea, their designs are always futuristic and catchy. Wasn't such a fan of Michael Kors'. I alsolutely adored Alexander Wang's collection. Black, sleek, a bit depressing but powerful, mysterious and fierce. The seventh model, Molly Bair, made my day. Her walk is so funny I almost died. You must see a video. But that's what I love, Wang always books her because she's so special. Good job, Wang. I wish I could see the show live, though. My second fave was Marc Jacobs. Dark, sultry, severe, eccentric, androgynous. I loved the music! Last but not least, one of the most pleasing shows for my sequin loving eyes- Rodarte.The show started with basic ready-to-wear. What was the most exciting were colorful sequin camisoles tucked into hot pants, and groovy 1970s disco hand-beaded lace and sequin dresses complimented by feather and fur trim. Gorgeous designs, beautiful music. I've already downloaded the tracks.



 Moving to LFW. One of the best collections was definitely of Mary Katrantzou, quilted hems, rich brocades, opulent beading and myriad versions of those extravagant fabrics.  She wanted to counterpoise the excesses of Victorian ostentation with modernism and our contemporary obsession with sinuous clean lines and stealth wealth. Everyone must have been blown away by Gareth Pugh's nu rave a bit scary show. Cristopher Kane succeeded at creating a sensual and sexual collection but still not grotesque. Lusty velvets, high shine materials, sheer glittery fabrics that offered glimpses of flesh.

I'm lucky to wear a slovenian designer B.Polanec whose creations have appeared in various famous magazines. As a supporter of LGBT community I'm happy to wear this rainbow skull tee. I love everyone. :) And thanks to the designer who sent me the top. I'm beyond thankful. Je l'aime!




Jeans - Topshop
Boots - Humanic
Jacket - Topshop
Hat - Primark London

Photo: Robert Ribič

Xx, Agnes

No comments:

Post a Comment