01 December, 2014

Get rid of redness NOW

Much expected post is finally here! :)

I must admit my biggest struggle at makeup routine every day used to be how to get rid of redness. I have a light version of rosacea and because my skin is quite pale it shows even more. It's mostly on my cheeks, which bothers me even more because it's very visible. It ruins my whole makeup. You can take a look at the photos below, none of them are edited nor corrected. As you can see I don't have many imperfections (thanks to Paula's Choice skincare), my skin is semi dry with oily T-spot (combination skin). I'll share with you my everyday secret!

(No makeup on.)





STEP 1: SKINCARE

I was sent to test Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel and CLEAR Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution 2% Salicylic Acid, Regular Strength. First, what do they do, why does major beauty industry including Wayne Goss Makeup adore Paula's Choice so much? I really had to try it all out.

"Clinically Proven Non-Irritating
Bring on skin that’s dry, oily or somewhere in between. Give us the wrinkles, rosacea, acne, blackheads, and big pores. Paula’s Choice Skincare treats them all. Without irritation. No added dyes. 100% fragrance free. Our products are based on our unique combination of research, reviews, and results-driven product development. Finally, products that really work.


No Animal Testing
Animal testing is not okay with us. Never has been. We don’t fund any independent source to do it for us, either. In fact we’re members of the Leaping Bunny Program, which means not only have we eliminated animal testing from our company, but also from our ingredient suppliers. We love animals so much; our employees bring their dogs to work. Keeps things real.
100% Money Back Guarantee
At Paula’s Choice Skincare we believe our products will work as claimed. In fact, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason we will give you a full refund or credit (including tax if applicable) for products returned within 60 days of your purchase date."


Moisturizer:

"Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel can be used by all skin types, but is specially formulated for those with normal to oily/oily skin with minor dry patches and for acne-prone skin. Zen, skin. This silky gel moisturizer hydrates without feeling slick or greasy. Dries to a matte finish. You get that healthy glow. Without the shine.

+Acne Breakouts, Anti-Aging, Blackheads, Enlarged Pores, Wrinkles
+Combination , Oily Skin
+Smooths skin, over time helps skin look and act younger"

I have to admit it surprised me. Usual moisturizers are too greasy for me, they clog my pores and all the fragrance that irritate my skin and voila, redness is even worse...
I didn't experience that while using this product.



Exfoliant:

"Clear Regular Strength Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution brings about an immediate reduction in blackheads, white bumps, and acne by unclogging pores and reducing inflammation with 2% salicylic acid. Unlike most products designed for acne-prone skin, Clear Regular Strength Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution doesn't use harsh, irritating ingredients such as alcohol, menthol, peppermint, or camphor that can make acne worse.

+Acne Breakouts, Blackheads, Enlarged Pores, Redness
+For All Skin Types"

Holy grail, I swear! You just use it as your tonic in the morning and in the evening. Before using it my skin was a mess, I had enlarged pores around my nose and much worse redness. It's still not 100% gone but none of the products I've ever tried worked this well.

Get it here for 28€:



STEP 2: CONCEALING

I FINALLY found the perfect combo to cover my huge redness (and under eye bags). I tried from Essence, Catrice, ... to Artdeco, Borjouis, Maybelline,... And guess what, my redness shone bright through after just a short time. I used to apply a ton of foundation to cover it but unsuccessfully. Total waste of makeup and my time. I was so desperate to find The one! :D
And thanks to the amazing and experienced Kabuki makeup artists/consultants, I found it!
What was I looking for? A concealer of thicker consistency that stays on in all the weather conditions (rain, heat, cold), is very pigmented (because otherwise it can't cover it well enough) and  middle price range.


There are 4 steps of concealing all my imperfections before I apply my foundation that evens out my complexion. Look at the photo down below:

1) Kryolan Dermacolor Camouflage Creme in D6: It's a perfect super pigmented concealer of green undertone. Why green? Because you want to neutralise red, so you correct it with the opposite color of the color wheel. You need just a tiny bit of this product, I swear. I apply it on my worst area- cheeks. It costs around 12E or around 5E if you buy just a refill (no packaging, like I did).

2) Ben Nye Media PRO HD SK-2 Highlight Wheel: It's the other part of my concealing routine. I use this green undertone concealer to erase minor redness like around my mouth, my nose, on pimples etc. It's less intense green. All these concealers and super blendable, you can easily build up the intensity, they stay on place and don't cause any breakage or dryness. 

3)  Ben Nye Media PRO HD SK-2 Highlight Wheel: This pinky-orangey concealer works best at erasing your purple dark circles. You can see the difference where I applied it. You can also use it around your eyes.

4)  Ben Nye Media PRO HD SK-2 Highlight Wheel: It's an amazing highlight color. I use it on top of cheekbones, on bridge of my nose, under my eyes, on my chin and forehead and sometimes on my jawline when I want to do more extreme highlighting and contouring. The wheel costs around 18E, which equals less than 5E for each of them.


I wasn't payed or sponsored for writing about Kabuki and their products at all, I decided to share this 'secret' with you all, because I got many questions about what I use on Instagram and Facebook.

(No photo editing, it took me exactly 3min to cover it all!)



After concealing I also use a bit of foundation to perfect it even more.

I hope you find this post helpful. If you have any following questions please comment below, I'll be happy to help you.
Don't forget to follow my Instagram @agneskrown

Xx, Agnes

1 comment:

  1. Its such as you read my mind! You seem to know a lot approximately this, like you wrote the ebook in it
    or something. I believe that you just can do with some percent to drive the message house a
    bit, but other than that, that is magnificent
    blog. A great read. I will certainly be back.


    Also visit my weblog: Acai Diet Plus

    ReplyDelete