12 September, 2014

NYFW report: Part 1

Woohoo!
September is like New Year in fashion world. Everything changes. Fashion lovers travel the world to see some of the shows, if they're lucky enough they get to see shows of the most famous designer houses and meet influential people. Hopefully in some time, I'll be able to see it too. It would be such a cool, crazy and inspiring experience.

As I didn't attend NYFW, I watched it online. So, thank you Internet! :D
Here is my fashion report Part 1.

Richard Chai
Exciting materials, color combinations and cuts.
I love how minimalist the designs are. Would die for this green trench coat, I bet you would too?




Project Runway
Do you watch Project Runway? You probably know it. It's a designer show where designers compete for a place in final show at NYFW! What an amazing prize, right? We were lucky to see some very talented designers: Alexander Pope, Kate Pankoke and Brandon McDonald. We'll know who won the competition next week in a new episode od Project Runway.






Prabal Gurung
Interesting mixture of textures. I think it empowers women with its sharp cuts and color combinations. And very exciting are makeup and hair. This season, a lot of designers decided to go for glowy skin and sweaty hair. Hairstylist Paul Hanlon at Prabal Gurung said he liked the look of "girls walking down the street like they just came back from the gym".





Peter Som
What a joy for our eyes! The collection si exquisite. Colors he used are mostly greens, orange and white.
I also love the makeup that models wore. Orange liner stands out from green pieces.






Nicole Miller
The third season in my favorite designers selection. She never dissapoints with her signature bright prints and patterns (influenced by a variety of cultures and eras), which grew from an early “obsession” with Celtic knots.




Monique Lhullier
Despite of very bright, romantic and girly colors that I usualy stay away from, I have to admit this collection took my breath away. Pvc, shiny see through materials, metallic dresses and more. 






Meskita
Again, some 80s and 90s sparkle. Beautiful neutral makeup and sleek hair make the models look for a million bucks.






Lisa Perry
Beautiful structured dresses, simple but effective. I really like how she plays with PVC, it looks a bit futuristic on these monochrome pieces.






Houghton
They describe the designer's style as sporty, 1920s and sheer. Oversized boyish cuts fall nicely. This soft, warm makeup makes it more romantic and feminine.




Lie Sang Bong
I really like innovative sea world prints. Combinations of classic pieces like collars and pants with crazy tops make it stand out and memorable. I especially love the final gown which looks like an architectural piece or a piece of a painting from baroque.




Lacoste
Very sporty and bold NY style collection wowed me. Natural and fresh faces, relaxed hair and contrasts of colors in clothes make the collection and whole looks very wearable but yet something special.






Christian Siriano
Ex competitor of The Project runway killed it again. All the way from white to aqua and deep ocean blue.
My favorite dress is this turquoise water printed maxi one. I love the shoes he picked - aqua jelly sandals.





Baja East
Mixture of alien-esque textures and materials with pure Ancient Greek influence. And a little bit of sporty and minimalistic Stella McCartney and Victoria Beckham. Very clean, cooled down and fresh. I think these basic but in style pieces will sell well because of its simplicity. Those male silver pants are my fave male piece of this season at NYFW.






Alexander Wang
Who else but Alexander Wang?! We saw a lot of black for spring/summer 2015 again, but this time in more feminine shapes, less oversized pieces. They emphasize woman's figure and add elegance in his signature rock style. I absolutely adore how clever he used bright colors to draw attention to certain body parts.
'Sweaty beauty' again, with a twist, NARS makeup artists applied gold shimmery eyeshadows all over the models' lids to add elegance.










Academy of Art University
They picked the best graduates to showcase their work on Fashion week. I expected some crazy and very artistic unwearable designs but here they are: an amazing collection of extravagant, modern but yet wearable clothes. Faded comic prints on men's suits and unique shapes of women's dresses impressed me with its originality.
I also had to point out amazing hair and makeup. Great job! Pale, flushed away red toned eyeshadows, neutral lips, soft brows and messy wet look side combed hair. They create a look of a softer version of last season's grunge trend, I'd say. Nothing too girly.








Photos are taken from The Cut, Vogue & Pinterest pages.

This season on NYFW we saw some incredible designs. A little more laid back in general. It looks like there's no obvious throwback+style trend, which I like, the designers took a new way forward. Makeup is rather subtle, hair too. No exaggeration, not too dark, no voluminous hair or big red lips. They say lip balm is a new lipstick.

But that's only where fashion starts, I cannot wait to show you my pics of best NYFW S/S 2015 streetstyle outfits - in my next post, soon!

Tell me what you think! What's your favorite collection? Which designer surprised you or let you down?
And don't forget, let's connect via social media. Follow me on Instagram @agneskrown and like my FB page Agnes Krown blog, so you can stay tuned for my new posts.

Xx, Agnes

No comments:

Post a Comment